Animal and plant related items
Why do we have this rule?
Plants and seeds
Protected plants, plant parts and seeds marketed in a misleading way:
- All species of orchids and most species of cactus. Only artificially bred versions of these species are permitted for sale
- Listings with pictures that have been modified and don't show a real representation of the plant or fruit
- Invasive species
Visit the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency's website for more information.
Other animal related examples
- Traps such as fox traps
- Animal medications
- Electric and tick collars
- Parts or products from dogs and cats
Allowed with restrictions
Plants and parts of plants
- Plants and parts of plants including seeds that require certificates of wellness are okay to sell as long as the certificate is shown or mentioned in the listing. The seller must ensure that the products they sell follow the regulations from Jordbruksverket.
Need to check the regulations?
Visit Jordbruksverket's website for more information.
Animals and parts of animals
- Stuffed animals, animal parts and products that are listed in appendix A in the CITES list of endangered species and species that are protected according to EU's regulations on trade with wild animals and plants are not allowed to sell on Tradera. However, it is okay to sell these products if a CITES certificate from Jordbruksverket is included and specified in the listing.
- If the animal is in appendix B or C of the CITES list of endangered species the seller must be able to prove that the animal or animal part was acquired legally.
Certificates must be provided in the listing. All listings of stuffed animals must include accurate information about the animal species and how it was acquired.
Check here if your item is from a protected species and is included in CITES
Furs, stuffed animals and products from animals who are not on the protected species list like the following examples:
- Arctic fox, polar fox, blue or white
- European beaver
- Red fox/Silver fox
- Persian and karak wool sheep
- Sump beaver, nutria
- White strawberries