How does bidding work at Tradera?
The most common type of listings at Tradera is auctions with a fixed end time where the highest bidder once the clock runs out wins. There is also fixed price listings and store listings where you can by the item directly without any bidding.
What you should keep in mind:
- Read the description and verify the state of the item on the pictures in the listing since the majority of the items sold is second hand.
- Check so that the seller offers a payment method that you can use.
- See which shipping options are available on the listing, some items are only for pick up.
- Bids are always binding, if you win an auction and don't pay you risk getting suspended.
Bid ladder - decides how much your bid is increased with if you click place a bid
- An auction with a current bid of 50-149 SEK is increased in increments of 5 SEK
- 150-249kr sek is increased in increments of 10 SEK
- You can place a manual bid by entering a maximum bid, if your max bid is higher than the next increment of the bid ladder your current bid will be increased in accordance with the bid ladder
Max bid - We increase your bids automatically if another user bids over your current bid up to your limit.
- Max bid is increase based on the bid ladder when someone places a higher bid than your current bid
- Max bid increase up to but never above your current max bid
- No body else can see your max bid
- If the seller has set a reserved price (minimum price for selling the item) your max bid will automatically increase up to the reserved price or to your current max bid if the max bid is lower than the reserved price
Reserved price - Minimum accepted price for the seller
- When your selling at Tradera you have the option to add a reserved price, this is a minimum price that you are willing to let the listing sell for.
- If your bid is lower than the reserved price you will get a notification with "reserved price not reached"