För den svenska versionen av denna policy, klicka här: Integritetspolicy
Published: 1 December 2021
Previous version: 25 May 2018
Effective for new users immediately and for existing users on 1 December 2021. Supersedes all previous versions.
- Scope and Consent
- Data Controller
- Mobile Privacy
- Collection of Personal Data
- Use of Personal Data
- Use of Personal Data for Marketing
- Opting out of Our Use of Personal Data
- Our Disclosure of Personal Data
- Tradera User ID
- Personal Data Users Share With Other Users
- Cookies, Web Beacons, Local Storage and Similar Technologies
- No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Personal Data
- Protecting and Storing Personal Data
- Closing Your Account & Retention of Personal Data
- Your Rights
- Third Parties
- Contact Us
Scope and Consent
This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, store, share and protect your Personal Data. It applies to the Tradera website and all related sites, applications, services and tools where this Privacy Statement is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them.
Throughout this Privacy Statement we use the term “Personal Data” to describe any information that directly or indirectly may identify a natural person. We do not consider Personal Data to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific natural person.
By accepting the Privacy Statement you consent to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement and in our User Agreement. We may amend this Privacy Statement by providing existing users with 30 days advance notice. We will post any changes on this website. Additionally, we may notify you via email of any material changes to this Privacy Statement.
Third Party Websites: Some pages on the Tradera website include links to third-party websites. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements, and Tradera is not responsible for their operations, including but not limited to their information practices. Users submitting information to or through these third-party websites should review the privacy statements of these sites before providing them with Personal Data.
Tradera Sweden AB, Sankt Eriksgatan 117,113 43 Stockholm, Sweden (hereinafter “Tradera”) is your data controller. Your data controller is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data and to deliver the services provided under the User Agreement and within the framework and according to the principles laid down in this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Personal Data
If you register for an account with us you agree to share your Personal Data and consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in Sweden or elsewhere in the world, such as in the United States.
We collect the following types of Information, including Personal Data, in order to provide you with the use of and access to our sites, applications, services and tools, to help us personalize and improve your experience and for our advertising purposes.
- Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our sites, use our applications, services and tools, or interact with our advertising or content, we automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile device, or other access device. This information is associated with you personally only when you sign in as a registered user, and includes: device ID or unique identifier, geo-location, device type, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- Information You Give Us
We may collect and store the information you enter on our sites or you provide to us in the context of using our sites, applications, services or tools. This includes:
- information you provide us when registering for an account, including name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, personal identification number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank account numbers;
- additional information you may provide to us via social media sites or services;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing, payment and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item, as well as, where shipping services are provided through one of our integrated systems, additional relevant shipping information (tracking updates) stored by the chosen shipping partner;
- information provided in the context of community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, or correspondence sent to us; and
- additional documents we may ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies. For example, we may ask you to send us a government issued identity document or other documentation to verify your identity or address, or to answer additional questions to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list).
- Information We Collect From other Sources
We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third parties such as merchants, data bureaus and data providers and add it to our information about you. This may include, demographic and navigation information, credit check information, and additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law.
- Information Collection from Sharing and Registration with Social Media
We may offer sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to access www.tradera.com and related sites. We may also offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites.
You may choose to provide us with access to certain Personal Data stored by such third party websites. The Personal Data we have access to varies by website and is controlled by your privacy settings on that website and your consent. By associating an account managed by a third party with your Tradera account and authorizing Tradera to have access to this information, you agree that Tradera may collect, use and store information from these websites in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Use of Personal Data
Our purpose in collecting Personal Data is to provide you with access to our sites and/or use of our services, applications and tools, provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services, and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. By accepting this Privacy Statement you acknowledge that we may use your Personal Data to:
- provide you access to our sites and the services and customer support you request;
- prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorised by law;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information; and
- with your consent to:
- market to you by delivering marketing materials about Tradera products and online services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses. We may also Process your Personal Data to tailor certain Services or Site experiences to better match our understanding of your interests;
- provide you with location-specific options, functionality or offers if you elect to share your Geolocation Information through the Services. We will use this information to enhance the security of the Sites and Services and provide you with location-based Services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content;
- make it easier for you to find and connect with others, we may use your information you have shared with the Service to suggest connections between you and people you may know. For example, we may associate information that we learn about you through your and your contacts’ use of the Services, and information you and others provide to suggest people you may know or may want to transact with through our Services. Social functionality and features designed to simplify your use of the Services with others vary by Service;
- respond to your requests, for example to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
- for our legitimate interests to:
- to enforce terms of our User Agreement,
- manage our everyday business needs, or
- for monitoring and analytics purposes.
Use of Personal Data for Marketing
With your consent obtained in a in a manner consistent with applicable regulations and this Privacy Statement. We may use your Personal Data to;
- tell you about our websites, applications, services and tools;
- deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- personalize our services and measure and improve our advertising, based on your ad customization preferences.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
Opting Out of Our Use of Personal Data
If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference in your My Tradera page, or within the direct communication from us.
You can review our User Cookie Notice for more information on how to opt-out of third party cookies for advertising.
If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your Personal Data for the other purposes set out in this Privacy Statement we may not be able to continue to allow you to have access to our websites, applications, or tools, or to provide you with some or all of the services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this Privacy Statement and our User Agreement.
Our Disclosure of Personal Data
We disclose Personal Data to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed only in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share your Personal Data with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, customer service, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and website operations).
- Other Tradera users, whether located in your country of residence or outside of your country of residence, as authorized by you or your use of our sites, services, applications or tools. For example, where you are involved in a transaction with another user, the other user may view your email address and request and obtain your contact information and postal address to help complete the transaction.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Tradera user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose, as allowed by applicable laws, information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, personal identification number, city, state or province, provincial postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history
- Credit bureaus with which we might report information about your account, including information on late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report, as allowed by applicable law.
- Tradera VeRO Program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose, as allowed by applicable laws, name, personal identification number, street address, city, state, provincial postal code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Statement with respect to your Personal Data. If your Personal Data will be used or disclosed for any purposes not set out in this notice, you will receive prior notification and we will ask you for your consent where applicable.
Tradera User ID
Your User ID is displayed throughout Tradera (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your Tradera activity. Other people can see your bids, purchases, items for sale, storefronts, feedback, ratings and associated comments. Other users can also see any information you chose to share in your profile. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Tradera activities.
If you access our websites from a public or shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Personal Data Shared with Other Users
Tradera enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information that you choose to share with other users and partners and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use another user’s Personal Data only for:
- Tradera transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through Tradera (such as payment, shipping, delivery and fraud complaints); or
- specific purposes to which the user expressly chooses or consents to.
Cookies, Web Beacons, Local Storage, and Similar Technologies
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. To report Tradera-related spam or spoof emails to us, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may automatically scan and manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Data
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Tradera password to anyone. If you do share your password or your Personal Data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Tradera and change your password.
You can see, review and change most of your Personal Data by signing on to Tradera. You may edit your Personal Data in your account profile settings. You must promptly update your Personal Data if it changes or is inaccurate. In some cases, once you make a public posting on the site, you may not be able to change or remove it. However, we will honor any statutory right that you may have pursuant to laws to erase or modify your Personal Data.
Transfer of Personal Data
We store and process your Personal Data on our servers in Sweden and elsewhere in the world and are committed to providing appropriate protection for your Personal Data where such data is transferred outside of the EEA.
We use physical, technical and organizational security controls commensurate with the amount and sensitivity of the Personal Data to prevent unauthorized processing, including but not limited to, unauthorized access to, acquisition and use of, loss, destruction, or damage to User Personal Data. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Closing Your Account & Retention of Personal Data
Upon your request, and subject to the provisions in this section, we will close your account and, as soon as reasonably possible, remove your Personal Data so that it cannot be viewed by other users. Removal will be based on your account status and in accordance with applicable law. We may also close or deactivate inactive accounts, or accounts that are used in violation of our User Agreement.
In general, Personal Data from closed or inactive accounts will be deleted or anonymised as soon as reasonably possibly after the account is closed or deactivated. We may retain Personal Data from closed or inactive accounts if:
- it is in our legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law such as collection of fees owed, resolution of disputes or to enforce our User Agreement, or
- if we are obliged to retain the Personal data to meet legal obligations such as compliance with member state legislation, particularly fraud and money laundering prevention, or to otherwise take actions permitted by law.
Under such circumstances Personal Data will be kept securely and only as long as necessary.
Subject to limitations set out in EEA data protection laws, you have certain rights in respect of your Personal Data. In particular, you have a right of access, rectification, restriction, opposition, erasure and data portability. Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights. If you wish to complete an access request to all personal data that we hold on you, please note that photo identity will be required to prove your identity.
You may Contact Us online at any time. If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: Tradera Sweden AB, Box 45026 104 30 Stockholm, Sweden.
Alternatively, you may reach our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied by the way in which we address your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for data protection in your country.