How does bidding and purchasing work at Tradera?
The most common type of listing on Tradera is auctions with a fixed end time, where the highest bid when time runs out win. There are also fixed price listings and store listings where you can purchase the item right away.
What you should keep in mind:
- Read the description and check if there are any flaws, since most of the listings are used items.
- There are several payment options on the site, check that the seller is offering a payment method that you can pay with.
- Different listings have different shipping options, sometimes the item is only available for pick up.
- Bids are always binding and to skip paying for a won auction may lead to a report. If you get several reports your account might get suspended.
The bid ladder decides what the next bid will increase by.
- 1-19 SEK - 1 SEK
- 20-99 SEK - 5 SEK
- 100-199 SEK - 10 SEK
- 200-399 SEK - 15 SEK
- 400-999 SEK - 20 SEK
- 1000-2499 SEK - 30 SEK
- 2500-3999 SEK - 50 SEK
- 4000-5999 SEK - 100 SEK
- 6000-9999 SEK - 200 SEK
- 10000+ - 500 SEK
Reserved price is the lowest amount that the seller agrees to sell the listed item for.
- The seller is always able to add a hidden reserved price. This means that they won't sell the listed item for anything less than the reserved price.
- If your bid is lower than the reserved price you will be notified.
If you place an auto bid we will increase your bid automatically when someone bids over your current bid.
- The auto bid is increased based on the bid ladder when someone else bids over your current bid.
- The auto bid can never go above the limit that you set.
- No one else can se your auto bid.
- If the seller has a reserved price your bid will automatically increase to either the reserved price or your current auto bid limit, whichever comes first.
I won the auction, what happens next?
When you win an auction or buy a store or fixed price item we send you a winner's mail with the payment details. You can also pay directly on My Tradera.
You can also contact the seller directly by clicking the button "contact" in My Tradera or in the winner's mail.
How do I pay for the listing?
You can pay for the listing from My Tradera - My purchases. Choose between Swish, Credit/Debit Card, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Paynova or PayPal.
- Paynova and PayPal always come with our buyer protection that costs 5% of the total amount, minimum 5 SEK and max 750 SEK.
- For the other payment methods the buyer protection is optional except for Swish directly to the seller.
How is the shipping booked?
The seller will get your address automatically from us and will book the shipment. You can change your shipping details when paying for an item.
If you have bought several items from the same seller you can always contact him/her to check if they could ship the items together, as that will save you money and is beneficial to the environment.
Do I have right of withdrawal?
You only have right of withdrawal if the seller is a business. Most purchases on Tradera are between private individuals and as such are exempt from the right of withdrawal. Our recommendation is to check with the seller.
If however the seller is a business, the regular right of withdrawal applies.
Can I postpone the payment?
You can choose to pay with an invoice or in installments with Paynova. This payment option always comes with buyer's protection.